Here i am, spending my last day cragging at Heart Creek with some Islanders that are not afraid of the cold, and compare it rather to their summer. Weather is gorgeous and my heart aches to leave this place. Some random thoughts/information follow to keep the memory working:
- Best coffee place around Vancouver - Gallilleo, just before Squamish, very good crumbles too! Best dinner place in Squamish - the Watershed Grill, good Thai salad.
- Best coffee around the Rockies - Lake Louise's Trailhead Caffee, with the best breakfast bagel i've tried on this trip - home-made omlette with vegetables and all, mmm, too good!
- My self-made favorite camping breakfast in Canada - cereals + oats (variety mix) with blueberries and maple syrop.
- Record partner non-show-up on this trip a) Kyle b) Jesse c) Adrienne who managed to not show up at the gym! All three without any warning before/after. People, you should learn some manners...
- Useful Canadian websites:
Weather - http://www.meteo.gc.ca/canada_f.html
Squamish partners forum - http://www.squamishclimbing.com/
Canmore/Canada partners forum - http://www.live-the-vision.com/
More partners forums - http://www.gripped.com/
Topos Rockies - http://www.tabvar.org/
Personal appreciation - http://www.matthewbuckle.net/
Conditions from the Guides - http://www.acmg.ca/mcr/
Alpine Club, huts - http://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/
Avalanche Conditions - http://www.avalanche.ca/
- Thank you to everyone who has been nice to me (apparently a Canadian quality, based on Fergusen's book "Why I hate Canadians", interesting book btw), has shared a rope or offered beta or a couch to sleep on - i.e. Mica, Scotty, Brian, David & Emily.
- A random story I heard from the Islanders - during the 19th century, when trying to connect Europe to the US, after several months of prepation and setting up the cable through the Atlantic Ocean, just before reaching NYC, the cable setters...dropped the cable!